Monday, November 18, 2019

What Am I Working On Now?

Hmmm.... what indeed.



Believe it or not, these are reindeer antlers. I recently saw a YouTube DIY where these antlers were made so I was inspired to make some reindeer of my own.

To make the antlers you use hot glue. I didn't have parchment paper to make them on so I used an old silicone baking mat I had. The glue will not stick to either surface and you can peel it up after it hardens. I traced out an antler pattern right onto the silicone with a white gel pen. Then I just added glue and let it set. I flipped mine over when they were solid and put more glue on the backs to make them sturdier.

I will just add glitter as needed when I put my "Glam Deers" together. My Christmas theme this year is going to be Wildlife Forest. So I have paper mache animals hanging on my wall, a deer with antlers, a bear, porcupines and various sisal animals, and about half a dozen pencil trees with various rustic or "farmhouse" type decorations, trucks, etc. I even made a pinecone pencil tree about 3 foot tall to decorate. I even made some little felt animals to hang on one tree with pinecones and berries.

I have a larger deer made and a smaller table deer in buffalo check already done but I wanted to make some fabulous sequined and blinged out little reindeer to give as gifts. I'm doing Dollar Tree gift baskets this year but they needed a personal touch.

It gives me a chance to use some of my beautiful fabric remnants that I've been hoarding for doll clothes. Time to use the stash! I have beautiful velvets and brocades with metallic prints and all kinds of fancy glittered tulle and lame fabrics that I get as remnants in smaller amounts for half price.

Next, I'm going to cut out all the pieces and start putting them together.




No comments:

Post a Comment