Sunday, July 7, 2019

Pop-Up Teacup Cards

I spent a long 4th of July weekend designing these cards. I was inspired by the pop up cards engineering and the little paper teacups I've seen. The biggest difference with my card is that is folds flat. It's not just a paper sculpture, it's a 5" x 7" greeting card that you can mail.






The pattern I made is only three pieces to make the cup but you can add as many embellishments as you want like little tea bags, spoon, doilies and a ton of flowers and butterflies. You could even add some candy or a little napkin.

There are so many ways to make this card unique so I'll be making more of them. I've used a lot of Anna Griffin embellishments on them. The flowers are from her Vintage Collage Card Toppers and I've used her spoon die and teabag from her Tea Party Cut and Emboss Dies. I did the doily from Cricut Design Space and I got my butterflies from the public domain.

Click on the "FREE Pattern" button on the right to go get it. For mobile users, click on this page link.

7 comments:

  1. These are absolutely beautiful. I think you should sell your design to Anna Griffin but make sure you have it copy righted first. And, get a % of each sale ;-0

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you MJ, I did submit it to Anna per the request of several people and it seems Anna only uses her own in-house designers so that's why I'm giving it to my friends - but I do have it copyrighted so it's just for personal use only.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would love the pattern for this card. It is absolutely beautiful. Thank you Helen DeMarco

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So click on the "FREE Pattern" button at the right top and go get it.

      Delete
  4. The resolution on this pattern is impossible to read could you scan a high res copy and replace it on the blog. Thank you. Your work is beautiful but I cannot read the pattern. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Click on the pattern to enlarge it. Then right click on the larger pattern and 'save as' or 'save image as' to your desktop or a file where you can locate it to print it out. Thanks!

      Delete
  5. I have been working on a design like this, but it hasnt been coming out quite right. Thank you, because I know how mindboggling it could have been. Thank you so much for the pattern.

    ReplyDelete