Monday, September 16, 2019

Tags with Freehand Foil Quilling

I started making some tags and embellishments for Christmas. I'm trying to get them started because there's a lot I want to get done. I love my Foil Quill pens and adding foiling to my vintage graphics. These could be used for gift tags or even ornaments.





I discovered The Metropolitan Museum of Art online and a whole bunch of vintage art in the public domain to download for free. I ran across some beautiful vintage Santas that needed to be cleaned up and re-colored. I decided to make some tags out of them.





I made a cardboard cutout smaller than the shapes and used that as a guide to freehand foil quill some gold inside the edges with my freestyle Foil Quill pens.





Probably would have been smoother and better done on my machine Foil Quill pens but that was extra work to create and set all that up for the machine so I just wanted to do this quick. I used my heavy pen to make a thicker line of gold on these.






I've got a bazillion old world Santas now to play with.





No comments:

Post a Comment