Sunday, August 4, 2019

Cake Anyone?

NEW CARD DESIGN

This one was frustrating. I know they say not to re-invent the wheel but I wanted my version of this little cake pop-up card to be unique. Like I start all my cards with the size of 5" x 7" dimensions, that's how I started this one.






It has a center mechanism that helps make the cake tops look a little flatter. And it's a standalone card. It is not attached to a card that won't lay flat. The base, mechanism and catch all keep it 3D and straight. That was the biggest challenge on this one. How to make it look round and flat on top without looking like it had been folded at all.







The back is almost as pretty as the front. I decorated it with embossing. I used Anna Griffin's "Rosa" embossing folder. I also used matte and shiny gold foil paper. I used a little gold roll bling but the bigger part of it is the gold foil butterflies. They are from the Anna Griffin Garden Cards and Embellishments digital Cricut cartridge.

What makes them foil? The butterflies are only about an inch wide so I used the fine tip Foil Quill and gold heat-reactive foil to make them in Cricut design space.

The card folds flat and fits into a regular 5" x 7" envelope. There is room on the card bottom to write a message.




I love designing cards that stand up on their own as 3D paper sculptures. I can think of so many different ways to decorate and make this card in different shapes and colors. This would make a beautiful anniversary card.


No comments:

Post a Comment