Friday, January 25, 2019

Those Beautiful Easel Cards

Beautiful easel cards. You can cut these out with a die and either a crank press or an automatic press. I use the BigKick hand crank die cut press to cut mine out. I used to have a Cuttlebug press but I traded up. I do have a mini press called the Spellbinder's Sapphire and I love it too for smaller dies.

I cut out my own press plates from plexiglass when I can't find the ready made ones and they work just the same. The ready made ones are just plexiglass that has the edges polished but you can do that with a fine emery cloth and save some money there. They are the same thickness. Where do you think they get them from?

Another little tip, if you don't have a rubber mat for embossing, you can use cardboard or spongy placemats instead. Just cut them to fit. Be aware that they probably will get cut marks in them though and not last as long. But they are good in a pinch.



No comments:

Post a Comment